As the date approached, I got excited, but also a little anxious not knowing what to expect. All that really means is that I over-prepare and drive Nuri a little nuts with questions.
The day before, I planned meals, made sure I had sunscreen, and most importantly made sure I had beer in cans. My friend discovered one of my favorite beers in a can and on sale at Ward's.
Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA is a gift from the beer gods!
Two boats full of people just wanting to have a little fun, enjoy some sun, and find scallops! Well, with Torpedo, fun people, and food, I can say that I at least found fun. Now, the sun and scallops those were less cooperative with our plans. The day started out nice and we made our way to the first spot to try and find some scallops, but there were few to be found. Next spot, still no scallops, and the next, and the next, it was the same story over and over.
Joon coming back to the boat with no scallops :(
Nuri tirelessly searching for those delicious creatures
Our search soon came to an end. Was it just because we got discouraged or was it the rain? I'm not entirely sure, but the rain did finally come and it was miserably fun. The rain was cold and I truly wish I had taken pictures of the few who were huddled down between the seats of the boats, but it just didn't occur to me. Major failure on my part.
Finally we stopped, drank some more, and all got in the water as it was warmer IN THE water than out of the water.
I don't quite remember the number of scallops we found, but there were so few we just threw them all back. I think saying we found 15 is being generous. Oh well, I guess I will just have to go next year and maybe actually find my first scallop!!!
In my book anytime I get to hang out with people I enjoy, drink Torpedo, and be in close proximity to the water, I will count it as a success. At least I had fun (I hope others will say the same), and returned with no major injuries only a few cuts and bruises from the oyster beds and no sunburn.
Until next year...



No comments:
Post a Comment