Since leaving NYC 7.5 years ago, I had seen Danielle a total of 3 times. Once at her wedding to Steve, once when she visited her parents in South Florida, and once at a mutual friend's wedding in Vermont. When I said goodbye to her in Vermont after our friend's wedding 4 years ago, I never imagined we would let so much time go by without seeing each other.
When she came to pick me up at TF Green airport she almost missed me. My hair was shorter and much darker and well, I am short and can sometimes get lost in the crowd of usually much taller individuals. But, in no time it felt like two old friends talking and laughing again like we use to. I really missed that and I definitely missed her.
First up, meet the children, beautiful and well-behaved. I should expect nothing less.
My maternal instincts and child-grooming skills on full display. Hmmm, maybe I should hope for boys?
Later that night we went out in West Warwick for some beer with no plans of eating, but when I saw Stuffies on the menu, I was intrigued. How could I have spent so much time in Rhode Island all those years ago and not know what this was or ever have tried it before? Turns out it is just a stuffed quahog (sounds exactly as it is spelled and perfectly suited for the Rhode Island accent), which is a shellfish that looks like a larger version of a clam. Ate it before I took a picture ;)
Oh wait, and how can I forget one of the best things about the night, I got to see Danielle's mom when she came over to watch the babies. I am very fortunate that I have gotten to know the parents of my closest friends. I love these families almost as much as my own. I was equally as excited to see Mrs. and Mr. Heatherton as I was to see The Bishop Family.

No comments:
Post a Comment