Sorry, it is about to be a long one...
Super Bowl Sunday, it is tradition! No matter what team is playing, no matter how much I don't like either team, I feel compelled to watch it every year. I'm not even a pro football fan really - I like the Dolphins, I like watching a good game, and I cheer on other teams if friends are fans or I like a player (except the Patriots), but you are WAY more likely to see me watching football on a Saturday.
This year, I started my Super Bowl Sunday still in St. Aug from my visit with Vanessa and Funty. Thanks to my friend's musical selection we had a little party in the living room - I must admit I was happy to see Vanessa still shaking it with a smile! Nuri came and picked me up and even joined in the fun for a few minutes before we headed home. Side note: Nuri rarely dances, but I definitely enjoy it when he does.
I was home long enough to shower, put my stuff down (still not unpacked), and say hi to Zelda before leaving for a visit with friends. When we arrived the TV was tuned to the most wonderful show ever, the Puppy Bowl!!! Oh my! Had I known I could watch puppies play for 2 hours I would've been watching this for years. I would point out cute puppies that Nuri could get me if he ever wanted to surprise me with one. I don't think he appreciated that very much. 1. I don't think he wants a second dog, and 2. If we got a second one I think he would want a say in what we got.
Puppy Bowl ended and the time came to leave for a tradition started 3 years ago. Soon after Nuri and I started dating I went with him and some of his friends to watch the Super Bowl at Ale House for all you can eat and all you can drink. It is always fun and the food is pretty good. A few hours later after Lea Michele beautifully sang America the Beautiful, Christina Aguilera messed up the words to the national anthem, Usher stole the halftime show, and the Packers beat the Steelers we headed home. I was torn, I wanted Pouncey to bring another Super Bowl ring to Lakeland, Florida as Ray Lewis is also from Lakeland, but I didn't really want the Steelers to win with all the quarterback controversy, but I also didn't want the Packers to win. The first half was pretty bad in my opinion, but at least at the end of the day it was a closer game than some. As my friends pointed out, the chances of my beloved Dolphins making it to the Super Bowl are slim (they say non-exisistent but I hold out hope).
As I prepared to write this post, I realized I left my camera in a friend's car. I delayed publishing it for a while because I wanted to do so with pictures. I am getting my camera back tonight, but as I head out of town, and decided I would go ahead and write this with pictures of the night in a later post along with details of a deal that was struck!
No comments:
Post a Comment