Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Baby, Baby, Baby

This past weekend I went back to St. Augustine and visited with my friends, Vanessa and Funty. That's twice in two weeks! Thankfully, Nuri drove me to St. Aug with our friend Diego along for the ride. I hate driving at night, but add fog and rain and I would've probably made a 1.5 hour drive become a 3 hour drive. Once we got there the house was dark and quiet. Now, with a woman who is 9 months pregnant this could mean it was bedtime and we were intruding, but nope, it meant that Funty had blown a fuse (literally) and Vanessa didn't know how to fix it. After trying for a bit to get the lights back on, Nuri and Diego left, Funty went to bed, and Vanessa and I sat up for the next couple hours talking in the dark. It is lovely having friends you can do that with even when you know they are exhausted and probably want to be sleeping in their bed of pillows.

On Saturday, I was woken up by the voices of Funty and the electrician. Luckily, the power came back on before we had to get ready for the great baby shower Cindy threw for Vanessa and Baby Boy Ajayi. After receiving a high five from Megan for getting the notoriously late guest of honor there on time, everyone talked for 2 hours before the games began or Vanessa got to open presents. It was great to see some faces I hadn't seen in a while. But, the day was mostly filled with a lot of love, joy, and anticipation. I am sure it was a long day for Vanessa, but that girl is a trooper.

This baby is sure to be long and handsome, the best parts of his parents, and undoubtedly loved. I can't wait for the day I can blog about his arrival, finally tell everyone his name (nobody knows), and of course get to meet him face-to-face.

1 comment: