Saturday, March 26, 2011

Strawberry Season

Strawberry Season - one of my favorite times of the year. Aside from the obvious reason that strawberries are in season, it also means the Strawberry Festival! Both of these things bring joy to my heart.

Two weekends ago Nuri, Tracie, Aubrey, and I attended the festival. It was a nice break after taking care of my grandmother earlier in the day. We rode the ferris wheel, the ONE ride that makes me want to pee my pants. No worries, I didn't. Yes, I know, that is crazy since I will ride any roller coaster or crazy spinning ride. But, getting stuck at the top and hearing the creaking of the ride freaks me out! It doesn't help when your boyfriend thinks it is funny to make comments about the creaking and the rusty bolts. Now, my Aubrey, she is only 7 years old but fearless!! She did pretend to be scared because she could see that I was.


Don't look down!

Next up...the spinning strawberries. You know, like the tea cups but strawberries...it is the Strawberry Festival. Picture this, Nuri spinning us, Tracie and I getting really dizzy, and Aubrey shouting, "faster, faster!"

The fearless 7-year old jumped right out of the ride with no complaints about being sick. I'm so proud of her! There were several other rides she couldn't ride because she was too short (maybe next year)! After a few other rides that were made for her size and age, it was time to eat. I did without the fair food because I was saving room for strawberry shortcake!!!! Oh yummmmmmm! I love chocolate, but there is nothing better than carbs soaking in strawberries and sugar and then topped with whipped yumminess.


So young, but already has such good taste!

Looking forward to it again next year.

1 comment: