Last weekend was a busy, busy weekend. I had to schedule things around watching my friend's two dogs, Jethro and Cole, and a trip to Lakeland. The puppies are big, playful boys that I just adore. After a workout at the gym on Friday night that really kicked my butt, making my legs feel like jello and my arms shaky, I went to let the dogs out and rolled on the floor with them a bit so I could rub their bellies. I got a call from Nuri to meet him at Stubbies to have a drink with some friends. I arrive, still in my gym clothes and covered in dog hair and slobber to learn more people were showing up. One drink turned into a night out.
The following day, I was up and at my friend's house again to feed and walk those two lovely dogs. Well, in the process I dropped one of the leashes and in my very ungraceful attempt at grabbing the leash I tripped over a pile of rocks. I now have a bruise under my toe nail, cut, and blood blister. Doesn't hurt any longer, but just another injury in the long list of "Melissa" moments.
Later that Saturday, Nuri and I made a trip to Lakeland so I could stay with my grandmother while my Uncle got out of the house and socialized with some adults. We then hopped over to Chuck E Cheese for my niece's 7th birthday!!! I can't believe how big she is, before I know it she will be all grown up.
We made it back to Gainesville late Saturday night, and on Sunday I bathed Zelda Belda. So far, I have kept up my end of the bargain! I have swept the floors several times throughout the week to keep up with her shedding and she has gotten her soak every two weeks. We can't call it a bath around here because she knows what that means, and we have exhausted the spelling trick - she can spell B-A-T-H! Such a smart puppy! On our way to getting dog #2.
March is here and I can hardly believe how quickly the last two months flew by! January and February had birthdays, trips to visit with friends, rearranging of our house, and so much more! March is looking to be just as busy. A trip to St. Augustine to meet Baby Ajayi, a trip to The Strawberry Festival, beer tasting at Tipples, several more birthdays, a couple more baths for Zelda, and who knows what else are all in this month's plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment