It has been pointed out to me that I have not been living up to my New Year's Resolution. Yes, life has gotten in the way and unfortunately this blog has suffered. So much has been going on that I have forgotten my resolution to really remember those little things, those moments that make your life special. So, fresh off a trip to Chicago, here I am again....
Within the last few weeks Nuri and I drove to Jacksonville and had a great time with some friends at the Imax theater to see Sucker Punch. If I had to describe it I would say it is a glorified music video (the music was pretty good). Maybe a cross between Inception, Shutter Island, and insert mediocre comic book movie aimed at teenage girls. But, it was still enjoyable. After the movie, we went to Dave and Busters and I won 200 tickets two times in a row at the Wheel of Fortune game. Overall, I am quite proud of the tickets I collected. I was a little surprised by the number of children there, but oh well. I had fun and hope everyone else did as well!
This past weekend Nuri helped me out with another of my New Year's Resolutions - to eat at restaurants in Gainesville/Alachua that I have never been to and should at least try once. Friday night we had Bahn Thai. The Thai Red Curry was awesome, but the Pad Thai left a little to be desired. There weren't enough noodles and the ground peanuts were a little overwhelming. The next day we went to La Tienda. Mmmm, it was fantastic! The queso, the salsa, the tacos were all delicious. I even had a strawberry soda (I don't drink soda), but it went so well with my delicious mexican food.
Then on Sunday I was off to Chicago. This week alone I will work 65 hours because of this trip to Chicago. I exhibited for 12 hours on Monday, but had a brief break to give a 100 minute presentation. It was a successful trip, but exhausting. Tuesday I was up at 3:45 am to get to Midway airport and head home.
Now, I'm home and had a late night at work yesterday giving a web presentation to a group of students in Oregon. All I could l think about is how I would like to visit Oregon soon.
Today it is back to the gym and to meet with my trainer. Last week she gave me good news that I had improved in all areas. Let's see if I can keep it up even with all the traveling I will be doing this month for work.
This Sunday, I'm off to Orlando for another conference, but I will get to see my family, grandmother, and a few friends while I am there!
No comments:
Post a Comment