Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another crossed off the list

I have this list of restaurants in the Gainesville area that I have been wanting to try and never made it to. When it came time for New Year's resolutions I decided to try at least one new restaurant each month. I am really excited that Nuri jumped on board with this resolution and helped me create my list.

A couple weeks ago Nuri and I made it to Bahn Thai and La Tienda. Last night I crossed another restaurant off the list! Nuri and I both wanted burgers, so it made our decision fairly easy. (It is never easy for me to make a decision.) We would go to Conastogas in Alachua! The burger was delicious, as were the sweet potato fries. I was smart, I ordered the junior instead of the regular burger. When I saw Nuri's food, I was glad I ordered the mini version. Even the junior was so big that by the end of the meal I felt if I took another bite I would be physically ill and I didn't even eat half my fries!

I don't know how often I would make the drive to Alachua for a burger, but I am certainly glad I did last night. Next time we make the drive to Alachua, I think we will try Main Street Pizza.

I must now go and attempt to work off the burger and fries...

3 comments:

  1. glad you had a great time! Maybe if we take a LONG lunch one day we can go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided tonight that I am back at blogging and updating this blog! You should be proud, right??? Anyway, looking back at old blogs, I also decided that we are going to Alachua for a burger ;-)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm...I don't think I could take that long of a lunch.

    ReplyDelete